WTD: Iwatsu TS-8123 service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Duncan,

Yes Id' seen that list. It looks like they only have the user manual though, rather than the service manual.

In any case, I emailed them this morning.

I'll let you know what they say. Fingers crossed!

I think mainframe is correct term. Basically the whole SA section pulls out in what looks to be a modular design. The TS-8123 looks to have a very similar/near identical mainframe to my SS-8210 but a different 'plug-in' module. I'm hoping the circuit for the mainframe section is indeed the same.

Last edited:
I think your logic is right Tektronix Mainframes allowed various plugins to be fitted ( they weren't cheap ! ) to allow all sorts of circuit checking .

When I worked for BT their fault repair dept had some mainframes --they cost BT BIG money.

I actually bought an old Tek.465B from them --cost me a "fiver " was in very good condition.

Bad luck Mike , a guy on an audio website tried to find one in 2013 got told by an "expert " ---quote-

"the TS range was short lived due to price and fast approaching obsolescence and very little were sold" ( his words ) .

No other poster could find one at that time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.