• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fluke 96B ScopeMeter Series II 60MHz Oscilloscope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an old 105B and find it very useful for audio stuff, especially after blowing the outputs on an amplifier I was testing by grounding the oscilloscope on the speaker negative and effectively shorting the rails to earth...:cool::D

Being fully floating, a scopemeter doesn't do this and can take measurements in any part of the circuit without releasing magic smoke from other, unexpected, bits.

I've also used it to trace noise and distortion in car audio stuff.

Not a replacement for a bench scope but I think it's a good bit of kit.

Joined 2011
Last edited:
Very interesting Rayma I never got round to buying one of those fully digital thin scopes still have my old faithful Tektronix 150meg with on screen readouts .
Excellent definition /sharpness/sensitivity .

I was very surprised at the business methods of the companies that produce those new scopes ,pay a moderate price -40 day trial then pay a fortune for each additional app software upgrade ,sorry not my cup of tea .

Sounds like the policy used on Tektronix 7000 series mainframes (and earlier models ) plug-ins--pay extra for every plug in.

I could see the point -labor intensive /production line --parts intensive but aren't we talking here of a software download ?

Which ,according to some on the web hacks are already out .
When they found they were losing business due to competitors installing the full software suite they did the same to models only a few years old.

I am probably old fashioned but when I see people making money by the sweat of their brow its a lot easier to accept .

I am not against businesses ,my wife and I used to have a small shop but young software hackers seem to have no problem coding up malware hacks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.