new front-plastic for CRT-scope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My old analog Philips-scope PM3267 could really use a new plastic-screen in front of the CRT.

I dont know what this plastic-cover/screen is called and I'm having a hard time googling anything about it.

The one I have is very dis-colored due to age/sunlight/other?

I guess the original was blue, and now most of it have turned greenish.

I'm not going to spend a lot of money on this fix, so either the original can be cleaned somehow or I can replace the plastic with some colored Plexiglas or other stuff.

Any ideas?

Kind regards Troels

You are probably after a 'display filter'.

Not sure on availability, but I saw some forum posts from a while back that say that parts were available from Fluke (apparently Fluke/Philips shared model).

Try contacting them in your country to ask.

In the meantime, here is a service manual to peruse. You might find the part number in there.

As I remember they are called A screen graticule, I had to find one for my Tek 535 about 25 years ago.

After looking at the manual it is a screen bezel pt# 5322 450 74009 item # 13 on page 100 of the service manual.

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
When I worked next door to a theater, I had access to Light Gels, thin sheets of strong color to give colored lighting. These were very similar to what was on my Leader 'scope. In the US the name is "Rosko", a brand.

There are many thousands of colors available. Kinda like 1/4W resistors in audio, light techs have huge stock and someone wanting one small piece will probably get it free. The light tech can look at your faded sample and estimate "EST R9876" and find a close match in his files.

StageSpot :: Rosco Color Gels and Filters :: StageSpot
Amazon.com : Rosco Color Effects Filter Kit, 12 x 12" Sheets : Camera & Photo
Amazon.com : Neewer 12 x 12-Inches Pack of 8 Transparent Color Correction Lighting Gel Filter

Do it soon. I'm away from the racket but I know LEDs are taking-over from incandescents; soon the light color will not be a filter but a software slider.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.