LCR Meter: Which one to buy ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DER-EE 5000 eBay from a Japanese reseller is usually the cheapest.
Make sure to get all the accessories with it (21, 22, 23).

Or:
PEAK ATLAS LCR45 also excellent

I own the DER but would probably have bought the PEAK had I known about it when I was buying.

Last edited:
DER-EE 5000 eBay from a Japanese reseller is usually the cheapest.
Make sure to get all the accessories with it (21, 22, 23).

Or:
PEAK ATLAS LCR45 also excellent

I own the DER but would probably have bought the PEAK had I known about it when I was buying.
The Der EE is hands down the better instrument. From an abject quality perspective the Peak is a nice mid-level consumer device but the Der EE is a true pro level device. That being said, depending on your usage case the Peak might be enough of a meter, but to compare it to DE-5000 there is no comparison.

Have been looking at these (VC4080, aka. VICTOR 4080) but a bit pricey on Aliexpress at 145 US$, on Taobao they go for much less, ~600 Yuan (~95 US$ at current rate).
VC4080 comes with USB but have no idea what it does provide.
Reminds of DE-5000 in appearance but have no idea how good these are, my gut feeling tells DE-5000 is probably a safer choice.

Aliexpress - Handheld-Digital-Bridge-VC4080-LCR-Digital-Inductance-Capacitance-and-Resistance-Meter-0-2000H-0-20mF-0

Taobao - VC4080 LCR meter

Attachments

• TB2GXSGi0qUQKJjSZFIXXcOkFXa_!!276993265.jpg
    TB2GXSGi0qUQKJjSZFIXXcOkFXa_!!276993265.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 411
I have a Peak LCR45 that refuses to measure voice coil inductance on some woofers. At the moment a Jensen 12" and an AR2. It keeps looking for capacitance. I am a carpenter not a bench tech so I don't get it. Help? The drivers are disconnected from the crossover.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.