Capturing Analog Spectrum Analyzer X Y Outputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone seen software to capture the analog outputs of older spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes or anything with an X -Y output? I currently use my digital camera if I need to capture an image off of any of my CRT displays. I saw this article: Widy boards But it does not discuss anything about the 'custom software'.

I thought about using the x y outputs and feeding them into a sound card input for processing. Seems like a lot of work to just digitally capture the same image I can obtain with my camera.

Why not capture the signal directly with the sound card?

The original signal I am measuring?

As much as I use my sound card and various software; many times I just use my actual instruments. I revert back to my analog scope so often vs my digital scope. Same thing when looking at basic distortion, I use my spectrum analyzer instead of sound card and software. I was just curious if a software existed that 'plot' the x y output.

Thanks.

I use Virtins Multi-Instrument for things like that.

I really like ARTA, but more and more I have been looking at the Virtins software. I think the $99 Standard version would be best for me to get started. I see the other add-on packages as well.

Thanks SY. What is your feedback on the Virtins software (you don't have publish anything negative)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.