New DIY Project for measuring noise : 10Hz..100kHz LNA // 1MHz RMS-DC converter

Hello all,

Thanks to carpin for his generous wiki link that i had omit.

I'm very happy that they have many interested DIYers to build this project.
Now, the minimum qty of ten PCB is reached.
I will close the PCB pre-order at the end of this month, December is already so filled !

I just have publish new documents about the ERMSDCV2 project on the wiki page. (follow the carpin link )
As soon as i have a little more of time, i give you news.

Regards.

Frex

Pearl,
Out of my experience Frex host some of the best buys around. He will send you an email request when he is ready, and yes, you can send the payment over the paypal. Last time Frex emailed the full proper documentation regarding the project, what makes life much easier. I am talking here for Frex and I am sure he will let you know the details, but I figure out to share the exceptional experience in dealing with Frex.

Don't know if you've finished the PCB -- back to back 220u/35V Elna "Silk" are what I use in my LNA -- I also found some caps in an an HP Measurement Amplifier which measured very low leakage via the Jim Williams 24 hour method but I could never get his circuit to work correctly.

Boonton protects the input of their 1120 distortion analyzer with 1/16th A fuses. I know, as I've had to replace them!

What's the rush for? It is just 10 days since post19 confirmed the latest design.
Let the list invitation run until end of January, at least.

I would like all the "special" ICs included in the parcel. That will take time, if Frex is willing.

Last edited:
Hello AndrewT (and the others!),

Sorry, but i don't provide parts for this design.
Normally, no parts are hard to find.
You can find all in these vendors;
Farnell(Newark), Mouser, Digikey. All allow personnal account order.
Maybe, you can also do a group buy with others DIYers for the electronics parts...

The group-buy is open until early January.
This give the time for others DIYers, and time for me too...
I prepare to launch my own web site for 2011, and it need time.
You will learn more about that soon.

As said AR2, the wiki is just a list, i ask all the payment (Paypal) when i will be ready. A full designing files folder is sent also when payment is done.
Thank you all for your enthusiasm :)

FRex.

Update from Frex

Last comment by Frex on 3rd January 2011 at 08:35 PM #1

Hello and happy new year to everybody.

At this time, 17 PCB has been pre-ordered.
I will close the pre-order list very soon.
In order to send the Paypal invoice to all buyers, please send me a private message (or e-mail if you have it) with your personal e-mail address.

Thank you.

Frex.

Link message

Hello matejS,

The AD8597 are used for the high gain, low noise 80dB LNA input stage. I 've designed the PCB to allow solder DIP or SOIC single OPAMP.
For the LNA input (AD8597), you can use AD8597(SOIC8) or LT1028(DIP). These two parts are the best.
Of course, you can use others, cheaper, OPAMP, but you must take care to it's noise specs and gain-bandwidth product.
Regards.

Frex

Hello,

All Paypal invoices were sent (except for Fizfish because no e-mail).
I will send the PCB order to PCBcart as soon all payments will be done.
The full design folder will be sent by e-mail only at the end of the week to buyers.
Note that if you don't have receive the Paypal asking of payments, please e-mail or PM me.
You can follow the wiki page to see buyers payments status.
It is HERE.

Thank you.
Regards.

Frex.