• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Looking for Old Elector Tube Preamplifier article

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rohrevorstarker SRPP

Dear Docali,

You remember earlier that I mentioned that I had sent and email to Walter electronics in Germany about the power supply for the SRPP preamp.

Well guess what, I have only just got a reply from a heir Wildtraut only now to advise that it is too expensive and difficult for them to send their products to Hong Kong????? How is that for service? This is the worst excuse that I have ever heard in my entire life.

I have stuff sent from Europe sent through the post all the time, all the vendors do is charge for the additional airmail postage and send off the parcel through the post office.

It would have been better for heir Wildtraut to just say that they are not interested in doing business.

I must say that I'm not at all impressed!!! Never mind, I will go to other more willing vendors who always welcome business. Is this the new style of doing business and customer service provision in Germany now?

Anyway, just a rant.

Regards,

Steve

Tubes For SRPP Preamp

Dear Docali,

I am now finalizing the power supply boards for the SRPP. Have no choosen a transformer yet, any suggestions?

Also what tubes have you used with your SRPP? I am thinking of the Sovtek 12AX7LPS matched pairs which have a Long Plate - Spiral and are supposed to be copies of Siemens.

Have no thoughts yet on the 12AU7 and the 12AT7, any recommendations on the best combinations? My preference for music is Jazz and Classical.

Regards,

Steve:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.