Lundahl LL1931Ag SUT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can I ask which switches zou are using on the PCB?

and, wouldn't it be better to have some "better" way to do this? Better in the sense that switches can corrode over time, these flip switches usually do not have a "self cleaning" as rotary switches, and well, I do not think you change the gain between records? Or maybe these are very special (just as the iron itself) and solve all the "switches at low level signal issues"?

I choose to use a 2.54mm header with jumpers. Every now and then I can take them off and put on to clean the contact.

Very nice if you are into silver. The 1931 core changed my view on the sound of Lundahl iron. It has nothing to do with their "cut core".
Could you expand on your statement? I'm running silver wire from my cartridge to my preamp and using the Lundahl 9227 SUT and is very nice. Been giving some thought to upgrading to the 1933 and am wondering if silver is worth the cost (quite steep) differential. I've never been fond of wood chassis and my SUT is mounted in one of K&K Audio's boxes, which is quite well done.

Last edited:
Could you expand on your statement?

Many audiophiles share a fondness for silver and this should be a prerequisite for desiring a silver wound transformer. So far all the silver wires i have heard, occ as well, have left me cold: wrong harmonic balance to my ears.

Had an AN silver stepup once which seemed very nice for a while but eventually sold it. Not for me.

Apart from a personal anti-silver bias i have nothing sensible to add here :)

Here is a pic of the K&K finished product for the LL9226, which are about 3/4 the size of the LL1931/1933 SUTs.
The price list is for the transformers, only. The board they are mounted on, enclosure, RCAs, etc., are additional.
Prices – K & K Audio

Attachments

• SUT.JPG
    SUT.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 139
VK sent me one of the kits he received from Lundahl. An easy 2 hour build but needed to order enclosure box, RCA jacks & a binding post. Being a newbie, I didn't connect any ground straps and found the SUT produced monophonic sound! Sounds good once assembled. Lundahl recommends 48 hr break-in using tuner/CD player connected to the secondary outputs. I've done up a DIY video along with some tests and an A-B sound comparison. Not sure if you can hear the difference (apologies in advance). Here is the link: SUT2 - YouTube .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.