Elekit 8200R questions

Dear diy gentlemen's I am now also a proud owner of the elekit 8200R and I have a few questions about this. 1) what difference is there exactly in the sound when I replace the standard coupling capacitor with Mundorf? 2) And what kind of sound can I expect in terms of improvement when replacing the default opt ​​to Lundahl Opt? Sorry for the bad english this is google translation Best regards:Buizenbak.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
There will hardly ever be a common agreement on these types of upgrades. A lot depends on other parts of your system. The extent of the changes is also a matter of subjective judgment. One difference that is described as night-and-day may be just almost insignificant for someone else. Owners except for dealers have a single unit so they can't make a direct comparison. It takes some time to replace caps and our auditory memory is short.

I never used the stock caps, but when I upgraded from Amtrans AMCO to Mundorf Supreme EVO SilverGold, the difference was very subtle and I use a source that costs more than the TU-8200, even used. Tube rolling makes much bigger difference than a coupling cap replacement. The effect of the OPT upgrade may be more significant than a cap upgrade but I have no experience with it yet.

Question about sound issue?

I just finished assembly of TU-8200R.
And I am testing, but I have found some weird thing.

I am testing 55ohm AKG headphone.
And I have chosen low impedance setting.
Line 1 input is OK, but Line 2 input has an issue.
Sound comes from only left side. right side has no sound.
So I tried another lower impedance headphone which is 16ohm.
But with the lower ohm headphone doesn’t have issue. sound comes well from both side and the sound is awesome.

Do you know why this kind of issue is occured?
May be, is it impedance setting issue?