elekit 8200 static on left channel when powering on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i built my 8200 a few months ago and use it daily, its a great amp!

however, being my first kit, i think i made a mistake somewhere because when i power on the amp, the left channel always has a bunch of static 2-5 seconds just after flipping the switch. usually it goes away but sometimes it happens intermittently like when adjusting volume. sometimes i wiggle the power tubes (which moves the circuit board) it seems to mitigate it

how can i trouble shoot this?

thank you in advance!

Agreed.

The most difficult connections to make on the TU-8200 are the ones connecting the output board to the remaining boards (the one with the 90 degree solder connections from board to board). I have a good amount of hobby-level soldering experience and I had a couple bad joints at that location which would manifest themselves in the same way you're experiencing.

Before going down that road try switching the tubes between channels to eliminate that concern. If the same channel is bad it is either the amp or the cables, and this sure doesn't sound like a cable problem. Try the connection points at the 90 degree points first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.