PROJECTOR COOLING METHODS TO INCREASE LAMP LIFE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I LIVE IN INDIA----TEMPERATURE RANGES FROM 30C TO 38C

EARLIER USED BENQ 515(LOST 50% BRIGHTNESS AFTER 700 HRS) THEN BENQ 610ST(LOST 50% BRIGHTNESS AFTER 500 HRS) -SOLD THEM OUT

I USE THEM STRAIGHT 8 TO 10 HRS / DAY IN ONE GO WITHOUT RESTART

NOW--USING PANASONIC PT-VX 42Z-4000 LUMENS----RIGHT NOW-150 HRS DONE-in eco1 mode

PROJECTOR COOLING METHODS TO INCREASE LAMP LIFE

----------------------

i read this in this page-------------

username ---Gridlock------

Adding external fan to projector to help with cooling - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

-------Has anyone experimented with adding an external fan to a projector where it vents its heat? Unless it was a coincidence, the projector bulb lasted much longer after adding the small fan. I had purchased a Sanyo Z2 which blew it's initial lamp after only a few months (projector was run for approx 10-15 hours/week at the low lamp setting). I started reading stories about inadequate cooling causing premature lamp failure, so decided to mount a small external fan to the side vent to draw heat out of the unit. The next lamp lasted for the remaining life of the unit (over 4 years)! I just purchased a new Sanyo Z60 which also seems to run hot, and am contemplating mounting the fan to it as well.

-------------------

-----should this help me to increase lamp life also retain good brightness till 1500 hrs or so ?

should i put a high 8000 rpm fan on vent of heat exhaust out at a certain distance away from it ?

a big wall mounted table fan at top also maybe ?

turning on high altitude mode increase fan speed - is this safe ?

----------PLEASE SUGGEST ME ----------

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.