Which 300B amp for Supravox 215 Signature Bicone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Thorsten,

Is the Lady Day 91 or a "simple 300B SE" powerful enough to drive the SV 215 SB full-range driver (8 ohm, 35W RMS) on an open baffle in an active system crossed-over to two 15" OB woofers at 120-140 Hz? The room is realtively small (200 sq ft / 2500 cu ft) and the music is mostly West Coast (AOR, melodic soft rock) but also modern pop/dance and rock. Listening at relatively loud (studio) SPL levels.

If not, would the Lux 91 Max monos do the trick (although they are border-line on what I would like to spend, including a decent set of valves and postage to the UK).

If none of the above cuts it in this application, should I be looking at 845 SE or something else (300 PSE or PP, 805, 211, 813, GM70)?

Or should I just stick to my PrimaLuna Prologue II (4 x KT88 @ 2 x 44W) and give up all hopes of injecting a dose of SET magic into this particular setup.

Cheers,
Nick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.