Open-source DSA project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The post on AVRfreaks has not been replied to. But I have registered the project there at:

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?module=Freaks Academy&func=viewItem&item_id=691&item_type=project

I hope this link is clickable for you. The files are stored on sourceforge, and the avrfreaks project points there.

Feel free to download the code and play with it! After I've got the DSA basics up and running with UART I'll be spending some time soldering up a few DAC boards. Then the whole thing will be tied together and I'll add a display and RC5 remotes support to the CD-drive-DSA project.

Børge

I've downloaded and unzipped your source code and am looking at it. Excellent documentation.

I'm a bit slow in understanding what it does. So it runs on this Atmel AVR processor? Controls a CD drive by the DSA protocol?

I guess a lot of the program is to provide the standard buttons for the user to control it with?

I guess the idea is that you can package a raw CD drive into an appliance like unit, with the Atmel processor and your software?

Philips L1210/65

http://www.daisy-laser.com/products/CD/modules/L121065/l121065.htm

This is actually made by this Daisy? Located in France?

My code is what stands in the control loop between the user interface and the CD drive module. My goal is to make a complete CD player around a DAC I made. There is supposedly another project relating to IDE drives for digital audio purposes.

The state machine is perhaps not too well documented. I basically give DSA commands and receive DSA status information. The combination of the two moves the program between the states. The DSA interface is a dual-master handshake-every-bit protocol. Every time you ask the CD drive to do something, it responds to you. That way the transitions from one state to the next depends a lot on the responses from the drive.

The L1210/65 is a Philips CD drive that is sold by Daisy-laser. But I can't buy from them. I asked for their minimum order quantity and corresponding price, and got silence.

I got my drives on ebay. You can also use the CDpro2 drive which comes at a higher price. I have not coded for the CDpro2, but I guess the code should port fairly easily.

Regards,
Børge

P.S. For the AES, have a look at www.aes.org

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.