Help me set up CS8416 in HW mode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, all. As a newbie, I'm asking for your help. I am designing my first DAC, and the first step for me was to figure out how to use CS8416 in hardware mode. My DAC will only have one SPDIF input, so there is no need (I hope) for any fancy switching or anything like that. I've attached a schematic, which was made as much as possible according to the data sheets for CS8416 and various Cirrus eval boards. If I set up the pins correctly, it should be set up to output I2S. I need help with the resistor values (R) for the outputs, because I'm not sure how you are supposed to choose those. If and when I get this part figured out, I will move on to the ASRC (AD1896) next. Please, any advice or help is greatly appreciated. My feelings will not be hurt ;) Also, since I have not had much electronics experience, please let me know how I can improve my schematic, if necessary. If I'm drawing something against conventions, I'd like to know, so I can fix it.

Attachments

• schematic.pdf
    13 KB · Views: 213
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.