Phillips CDM9 Pro opening/closing gear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Calll your nearest Philips agent with the part number mentioned in one of the threads. Tell them it is for a CD930. I have obtained some in SA via the local agent who imported them from Holland about 3 months or so ago... There could well be some available still...
I also bumped into a malaysian web site that sells them. Just can not remember who... Philips price should be less then 4 Euro. Others sell for much more...

Gears........

Joe - to save bother and to help other DIYers, I have just ordered 10 x CDM9 toothed wheels.

I have replaced the wheels on my Arcam Alpha 6 CD and on my Delta 250 transport.

Absolutely easy-peasy.

I paid 1.99 each for them and 2.99 postage - be here in 7 working days. If you ordered 1 it would be 1.99 postage.

I'll be happy to send you one for £3.50 including P&P - First Class Post and a padded envelope. For DIYers overseas, the cost is £3.20 plus postage at cost. I need to cover the cost of the padded envelopes (and PayPal fees if people need to use that method).

I'm not out to make a profit ;) , just provide a service. I will be keeping some as spares, mind you!! :angel:

Let me know if you want one.

Cheers

Jon

Again about CDM 9 Pro breakdown

Even my CDM9 Pro (in an Theta Data Basic) has stripped its opening/closing gear's teeth.
Please please (my english is very scarce) can anyone tell me where I can - ACTUALLY - buy one of these gears or one CDM9 Pro transport?

Many thanks

Natale

Gear Wheel Fitting

Hi Chris,

I'm glad you got your wheel. Fitting is a straightforward screwdriver job. Assembly is the reverse of disassembly etc. However, be sure to use a silicone grease on your new wheel, as it was the old oil-based grease that weakened it in the first place. If you disconnect the cd drive ribbon connector from the mainboard, the Arcam Alpha 6 CDP Manual (and do myself) states that to avoid static charge damage to laser, place a paperclip across the end of the ribbon.

Good Luck - something to do while you're waiting for Santa! :hohoho:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.