Raspberry PI DSP Machine. Everything is in one case: Streamer, DAC, Amplifier, PSU

Hello
I would like to share my project.
21_box_mount.jpg 23_box_mount.jpg
22_box_mount.jpg 20_box_mount.jpg

• Audio player - r Audio 1
  • Streamer- Raspberry PI 3.
  • DAC HAT board – DSP Machine 2 (PCM5242). Can be replaced by – DSP Machine 1 (ADAU1701). Driver - ChipDip DAC
  • Works at all sample rates: 44.1 – 48 – 88,2 – 96 – 176,4 – 192 kHz
  • Amplifier - TPA3255.
  • Power supply unit - EPP-200-48 MEAN WELL. The voltage is understated to 42V.

If you build on PCM5242, the project in the PurePathStudio will be like this:
PPStudio.jpg

If you build on ADAU1701, the project in the SigmaStudio will be like this:
SigmaStudio.jpg
Projects can be redesigned however you want.

I have detailed instructions. If you want I can translate it into English.

IMG24.jpg Master DAC 065_ 1 сторона.jpg Master DAC 065_8.jpg ADAU_1701.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
RPi is a noisy emitter of radiated and conducted EMI/RFI. Dac boards often sound cleaner when there is some physical separation from an RPi. I demonstrated that a long time ago, and Iancanda now makes a shield/isolator product to help. While good looks are important, so is performance and SQ :)

That it has Balance, Bass and Treble - just like an old fashion analog amp - is a real product differentiator. I imagine people would buy yours over the competition, just to get that.

If I wanted to adjust the Bass - pull off the cover, hook up the programmer, fire up the GUI, load the file, change the parameter, upload into the device, disconnect the device, physical interface - then have a listen.

Versus turning a knob. Nice!

Here's a feature while you're at it. When I browse internet streams, the bit-modulation is all over the place; some stations loud, some soft. Even between the regular and "HD2" versions of the same station. One would think they'd all be at the same level as my FLAC collection plays back at, but Nooooo - volume wars on the internet streams too. I'm always getting up to adjust my one control, volume, between stations.

Fix that. Make the amp play at the same level, compensating for these continuous-level differences. As long as it takes about the same amount of time as me getting up out of my chair, walking back and forth to do a manual adjustment, that'd be great. Have an "auto-level" push button on the volume knob with an indicator - maybe only practical for pop, rock and jazz.

Last edited: