TDA1541 noise after heat up

Hi,

After half year from start this thread I completely finished my AA5+ CDP.

Now play with first gen of 1541, Schotky diodes in power supply, Audio Note Kaisei elektrolytic caps in audio line, I done NOS mode ( it is very simple in this CDP - I removed 3 resistors and conected thrue this resistors TDA1541 with SAA7220 ), I changed completely laser with swing arm Philips CDM-9 to new old stock. I changed opamps to LM6172IN/NOPB and OPA134. I tried with OPA627 but it was to loud bas and to high HF on my system. I use it connected to Yamaha C4 preamp with M4 twins in vertical bi-amping. Yamahas drive Infinity RS2.5

f70080d530189910.jpg

For me, my Arcam Alfa 5 + sounds great. It is my the best source. The same materials thrue CDP are much greater, with bigger and extended scene than from digital source thrue external Musical Fidelity DAC. Vocals, guitars, piano, drums... everything is better.

Maybe I not heard all CDP in the world, maybe I listened few but it is the best that I heard.

Thank you to all for help .

Hi,

One year ago I had problem with S1 crown in my Arcam Alfa CDP, Arcam played with another TDA and S1crown staied in box till yesterday ... I put it into my Musical Fidelity DIGILOG and plays without noise, one hour, 2 hours, all day, all night and still plays.. Inside MFD is really warm because I have 6N16B valves near TDA but its still only warm, not hot.

Is it difference in aplication ?? Why after one hour TDA1541 in one PCB is hot and in another after one day is still only warm ??

I did some looking around and I'm sorry to tell you that the Arcam Alpha 5 or the 5 Plus never came with the Single crown TDA1541 from factory but with the TDA1541A so someone had a go at it before you.
Just for your information the only Arcam that I know of that was sold with the S1 was the Delta 70.2.
About the difference in application there is a slight difference between the TDA1541 and 1541A to the 1541A S1 (some internal capacitor I think).

Last edited:
Hi,

I never said that it was there oryginally inside. Someone put it before me. But I ask why it working without noise in my Musical Fidelity Digilog near hot 6N16B / 6N2P and power suplly ??
Don't know the MF Digilog and never seen one in my bench but know the brand and the only thing I can say it's that maybe they have a better board design or better power supply regulation and filtration ( read smooth supply) then Arcam witch is not difficult to imagine or see.
Have you compared the pinout connections between the 2 ( MF and Arcam) specially pin 16/17 ?
Between us give me MF any day of the week they are years ahead of Arcam

Last edited:
Found your post on AudioKarma about your MF project...
If the S1 overheats to the point of shutting down on the Arcam everything points to the supply lines but that is just my opinion.
You got it working on the MF and proved it's not faulty so now you have to options, first try again on the Arcam or leave it at it and be done with.

Found your post on AudioKarma about your MF project...

Yes, that's mine,

Now I changed analog output. I prefer SRPP but I mixed valve, Now it is not one double triode on chanell., now one valve is one stage both chanell, second is second stage both chanell. I think that I catch the rabbit :)

20220311_211606.jpg

20220311_213350.jpg

I sold Acam because there was not enought space to lampization and I use another CDP with TDA1541 on analog valve stage.

Hi,

I never said that it was there oryginally inside. Someone put it before me. But I ask why it working without noise in my Musical Fidelity Digilog near hot 6N16B / 6N2P and power suplly ??
Interesting - and you don’t have the Arcam anymore? I can only assume a difference between one of the supply rails to the 1541. It would be very interesting to know which one :)