CSRA64215 config / bricked

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,

first of all hello to everyone on the forum - a newbie here ;)

I'm tinkering with various electronics. Recently I took a challenge of repairng a decent Bluetooth headset and decided to use one of CSR modules. I managed to go through the hassle of getting it to talk to the FT232RL and after getting it to link, I made backups as usually advised in such cases.

Then I started playing around with settings for the csra64215. It came with no DAC setting so I took care of that, but while tinkering with event/button settings, I changed events for power on and power off...and now I'm in a bit of trouble.
The thing does not turn on at all, PST does not see it, no LED activity, etc.
All I did was to set Power Off and Power On events to Logical input ID 1 (which is a MFB line / PIO18).
Any idea how to make it boot again?
If I could only make it to force-start, I'd load the backup, but since I get no power/comms, I'm stuck...

Looking forward to all suggestions
Cheers
L

Nope, did not try. It's a different module.
It's a similar as shown here:
YouTube
and the programmer setup I used is one from here:
GitHub - lorf/csr-spi-ftdi: USB SPI programmer/debugger for CSR BlueCore bluetooth chips, based on FTDI USB to UART converter, for Linux and Windows

There is some good news however! I managed to un-brick it.

Had an epiphany while trying to sleep ;) The trick that came to my mind was to block external eeprom by grounding the "hold" input of the on-board 25u8033e for the boot-up phase. This prevented loading the problematic event setting and the module booted "clean". Then I let go of the eeprom input, linked the programmer and set the things to previous state.

Ummmph... I was afraid this thing is a toast.
Now, do you happen to know a good setting guideline I could use to use an input for standby or power on/off function?
The charging circuit does not work yet either. Any ideas what needs to be set in the CSRA to make it work on 5V external power and charge the battery on VBAT line?

Cheers

There is some good news however! I managed to un-brick it.

Had an epiphany while trying to sleep ;) The trick that came to my mind was to block external eeprom by grounding the "hold" input of the on-board 25u8033e for the boot-up phase. This prevented loading the problematic event setting and the module booted "clean". Then I let go of the eeprom input, linked the programmer and set the things to previous state.

Langusta, thanks so much for your post, I bricked a device doing exactly the same thing that you did (wish I'd read it first) and managed to unbrick it the same way. Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.