Replacement CD drive

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I own a very good CD player, an Opera Consonance CD2.2, that I am only using as a transport. It is connected to an external DAC.

rcd22_%20linear4_large.jpg

Lately, the CD mechanism has been acting up. It does not remain ejected, it retracts immediately. I can still use it, it just takes a bit of timing to load it.

Obviously, I want to replace the mechanism, but I am not sure who the manufacturer of the mechanism is.

Does anyone recognize this?

Attachments

• opera.jpg
    opera.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 84
Account Closed
Joined 2018
Use some spray cleaner such as CRC electronics cleaner - spray carefully into the open/close sensor switch(s) and work the actuator in and out a bunch of times to clean the internal contacts.
Depending on the manufacturer, you'll have to look to see which switch(s) is hit when the tray is loaded/ejected.
Oxidation of the switch contacts is not unusual.

And while you're in there, a careful light dusting off of the pickup lens is worthwhile.
a cue-tip lightly sprayed with windex helps.
then use the dry end to complete the job.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.