High fidelity wireless DAC below 2k

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,

I had several DACs including Schitt Modi Multibit, Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100. I did enjoy them for a while and time to look for a new change in term of sonic and new hi-res features. New DAC technology is increasing exponentially in the past years.

I just attended to Axpona 2019 hifi show in Chicago last week and audition several high end DACs. I was stunned at their sonic quality and how fast technology was evolved in the recent years. I'm a die hard fanboy for analog gig: class A tube amp, turntable, reel to reel machine. However, after i went to Axpona show this year and experienced it for myself, it convinces me that digital domain has come a very far and long way now. Digital can really compete head on to any top notched/high end analog system these days. Period.

Here's what i'm looking for at this DAC:
- Wireless is a MUST
- Be able to stream hi-res FLAC files from Qobuz at least 24 bit/192k. Higher bit rate is better 32 bits, 64bits up sampling capability, DSD, and/or MQA Tidal. MQA is not required for me but would be good feature to have

Here's something that meet my requirement and beyond : Cary DMS-600. I listened to this DAC myself at the show and their sonic quality is stunning! beats alot of its Vinyl LP counterpart any day. Another DAC that i really like is Lampizator Tube Dac
DMS-600 Network Audio Player | Cary Audio
The Atlantic DAC — LampizatOr North America

Both Cary DMS-600 DAC and lampizator Atlantic DAC are a out of my budget range so i want to ask if anyone knows anything similar to this with lower budget about 2k range or below would be perfect for me.

Any inputs are welcome and thank you in advance
Best regards,
Tom

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.