NAD 541i belt dimensions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi - I’m looking for the drawer transport drive belt dimensions for an NAD 541i. I’m asking instead of simply measuring the belt since I’m not currently having a transport drawer drive belt issue, and would like to avoid dismantling the unit simply to measure the belt. Im asking since I’m in the process of ordering a replacement belt for a c521 , and While i’m at it I’d also like to order up a spare belt for the c541i to have on hand. I’ve already searched the web and the forum. I’ve identified the part #, but purchasing and OEM is seriously expensive, and I know that I can use an appropriately sized o ring or generic sbs belt. Thanks!

Joined 2011
I’d also like to order up a spare belt for the c541i to have on hand. I’ve already searched
the web and the forum. I’ve identified the part #, but purchasing and OEM is seriously
expensive, and I know that I can use an appropriately sized o ring or generic sbs belt.

Read this: NAD C541 Tray Won't Open | Audiogon Discussion Forum
"I just fixed one of these.
Made in China in 2000. Rubber belt dried up.
Went to Ace hardware and got o-ring #29 in plumber's section
My NAD works like new again. "

Yes - I had previously found and read that thread before posting. However, the most specific the thread gets is “ace hardware #29”. The Ace website lists no such thing. I’ve also searched for what make / model of transport that NAD used for the 541i, thinking that if I could ID that I could have alternative search paths.
Thanks, JF

Yes - I had previously found and read that thread before posting. However, the most specific the thread gets is “ace hardware #29”. The Ace website lists no such thing. I’ve also searched for what make / model of transport that NAD used for the 541i, thinking that if I could ID that I could have alternative search paths.

Thanks, JF

Did you find the dimensions in the end?!! Am looking at a cheapish Nad 541 and needs a new belt, I can measure that one (suspect the boil for a few seconds method should be ok in the first instance!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.