Cannot Program CSRA64215 - [ROM,15] - CSRA64xxx v2 is Too Old

Be sure to use the latest software and use the right "ROM" in your Configuration-tool. You can change the ROM version by opening the "ConfigSetDefinitions" (Which is most likely in your "Program files x86 folder/CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools" folder). from there it should work!

So I can use v2 tools just by changing the ROM version in that file? Is it safe? I found some infomation that you can damage the BT module by doing that

Hi,

Could anyone please send me CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools which are compatible with CSRA64215 (ROM 10). I managed to find only for ROM 8 and ROM 15.

Hey, for [ROM,10] you need to install "CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools v2.exe", for which you have the link below!

Dropbox - CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools v2 [ROM,10].exe

For [ROM, 8] you need to install "CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools v1.exe"

Dropbox - CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools v1 [ROM,8].exe

For [ROM,15] I don't have the official software, so I spoofed the ROM,10 .xml file to read version 15 ... so far it's worked, although I haven't been able to remap buttons at all (and tried rather hard)

Dropbox - CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools v2 - FORCED ROM15.zip

Hey, for [ROM,10] you need to install "CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools v2.exe", for which you have the link below!

Dropbox - CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools v2 [ROM,10].exe

For [ROM, 8] you need to install "CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools v1.exe"

Dropbox - CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools v1 [ROM,8].exe

For [ROM,15] I don't have the official software, so I spoofed the ROM,10 .xml file to read version 15 ... so far it's worked, although I haven't been able to remap buttons at all (and tried rather hard)

Dropbox - CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools v2 - FORCED ROM15.zip

Thanks for sharing! Btw, is it possible to update the chip from ROM 10 to ROM 15 if there're any major changes in there?

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question but I've been tinkering with several different amps with the CSR8645 module, how do I find the ROM version my board has?

Darie thanks for the videos you've made on YouTube, they've opened a whole new world of possibilities to me and my speaker building hobby!

Can you send me the .xuv rom file of this module? My module was bricked because of misconfiguration. Thanks.

Hey,

I've recently purchased 4 of these new single-ended output CSRA64215/CSR64215 Modules from our dear friends over in China. Here's the link: DC 12V/5V CSRA64215 APTXLL Lossless Music Hifi Bluetooth 4.2 Receiver Board Audio Car Bluetooth Receiver-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The problem is, I can't program them !!!1 - I have both v1 and v2 of the "CSRA64xxx and CSRA63xxx Tools", both are too old, with v1 being [ROM,8] and v2 being [ROM,10], all the while my new fancy modules are [ROM,15].

I've read on 52bluetooth the one thread where people recommend simply changing the "ConfigSetDefinitions.xml" file .. have done that, and MASSIVELY bricked a module.

So, does anyone here have a newer version of the CSRA64xxx Tools ? Or any other tips ? (or has actually had the xml mod work reliably?). Thanks !

PS: I managed to revive it by powering it up with VOL+ bridged to COM (ie. with 3v across VOL+) - usually pulling random GPIOs high at powerup will trigger device failsafe modes - and this fortunately was the case.