Are Pioneer PWY1003,PWY1004,PWY1008,PWY1009<PWY1010 optical pickups the same pickup

Are pioneer PWY1003,PWY1004,PWY1008,PWY1009<PWY1010 optical pickups the same pickup

Hi, I am looking to replace my cd players laser optical pickup. When I physically look at mine which is the pioneer PWY1003,and compare close up pictures of the rest of the PWY1004, Pwy1008, PWY1009,and PWY1010. They all look exactly the same from the front and back. Not one slight difference I can see from mine. I thought the ribbon pin count would be different,But even it is exactly the same with 17 pins. If this is the case.Can I use any of those models to replace my cd laser optical pickup in my pioneer PD7050 cd player. Thanks

Thanks for the update. I asked a seller of the lasers in Greece if they were compatible. He says no, but he couldn't explain. An earlier posting in this site suggests that the problem is mostly about the laser lens itself and not about any other part. There are compatable laser lenses on later models that might work. Look on this site, an earlier posting, for this discussion. What cable do you think would work with a pwy1004 laser?

hello. The Pioneer pickup lens PWY1004 is compatible with the PWY1006 and PWY1011. However, since the number of pins of the flat cable is different, processing is required. On the PWY1006, the 4 pins on the right side are used to control the coil, so cut these 4 pins. Then it becomes possible to connect to the connector of the PD-3000.
When installing, if the left and right front and back of the pickup are properly balanced, you will be able to play disk

Reactions: 1 user
hello. The Pioneer pickup lens PWY1004 is compatible with the PWY1006 and PWY1011. However, since the number of pins of the flat cable is different, processing is required. On the PWY1006, the 4 pins on the right side are used to control the coil, so cut these 4 pins. Then it becomes possible to connect to the connector of the PD-3000.
When installing, if the left and right front and back of the pickup are properly balanced, you will be able to play disk
What riches you have afforded me. It was worth the wait. Thanks.

I have attached a photo. The right side of the photo is the PWY1004 cable. The left side is the PWY1006 cable. The end of the PWY1006 cable has already been partially cut. In this state, you can connect to the PD-3000 connector.

Attachments

• PD3000pick6.jpg
    PD3000pick6.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 202
It has been a while since you wrote about how to adapt a laser cable to fit the Pioneer PD 3000. Is it your contention that only the PWY 1006 and the 1011 cable and laser will afford this kind of modification to fit into a pd3000? Do you have any reason to think that the PWY 1010 will also work?