Audio Streamer for 24/192 or 24/96 options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.
I am in need of an audio/video streamer that can output Hi-Res audio via Optical or Coaxial.
Basically what I want to do is put it inside a case of a Teac PD-H500 CD player. I bought the amp and two cd players, one of them faulty. Thats not a problem as it was only 20 pounds. I also bought the Teac UD-H01 DAC and looking to play some Hi-Res files but not throu a PC.

What I would need is a streamer about 200x200 size and no more then 100mm high to fit in that case, with the remote sensor on the lower side so it works throu the original display window.
Also would be good if it had some storage area or capable of connecting external HDD/pen drive/SD card/whatnot....

IMPORTANT: if its a media streamer capable of outputing these formats, the optical and HDMI out have to work simultaneously and also not require me to connect a tv (could mount a 5 inch screen on the front of the case)

thanks for suggestions

Danny

I am not sure if raspberry will be able to handle high bitrate hd movies. it might suck, but majority of the players have only optical, hdmi and sometimes component and video out. thats it what I could find out.
I need video out for the front screen, hdmi for tv connection and optical (coaxial) for hi-res music

danny

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It was intended to support 1080P and has a DVI format HDMI output. I would check it some of the threads here. There are a number of dac boards designed to interface directly with its I2S output and I believe that someone is working on a spdif output as well. (Actually there are piles of hardware intended to interface with the Pi, just need to look for it) It has GPIO as well for controlling stuff like simple displays.

I read a lot that its good but has one major drawback....its slow.thars what the others report.

Does anybody know if media players output through HDMI and optical/coaxial/composite video at the same time? or does the output turn its self off once some other is connected?
this way I could run the front screen from Comp video and output from S/PDIF to DAC and when desired the HDMI to a tv....

danny

hey guys thanks for suggestions...but no Mac for me or any if that iCrap devices.Had them for 3 years as company gear...didnt like them at all.especislly iTunes.

I'll might give a try to WD live tv hd or some of the Asus media players. Hope the HDMI and comp video out work at the same time....

Ahoj... might be building a fanless htpc in it. I wanted to see the track list too, on the front mounted screen. the Raumfeld looks good but it does not have video out....
perhaps a HTPC with booting into XBMC or any other soft might do the trick.

Danny

p.s.: still looking for finished product.

Right, sourced out the screen for the front panel, 6.5inch tft 800x480 screen with vga/hdmi/comp video connections.... should be sufficient, found also all different sizes of screens for reasonable prices, comes from china so long waiting time, but what is not from china these days? :)

danny

what's your budget? if you really need all in one player for hi-res audio with good music manager and full movie capability prepare either $1000+ or build HTPC, I've been through this for months and couldn't found anything decent, than I decided to split audio and video, btw. XBMC for music su.ks...

HTPC on its way

Right, thanks for suggestion Studio Au...

But......
This:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

will be mounted on this:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

to complement this:

Should look like factory made...Thinking also about a panel mount track ball for controling if you dont want to turn the tv on.
Other than that, I use my smartphone to control the HTPC, or a remote

Danny

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.