DSP's, Which one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am an EE with a few years experience in microcontroller development. This field has lost its appeal to some extent as I no longer find it very challenging.

I have begun to look at DSP's as a new challenge, particularly for my "free" time. I spend my whole day working on microprocessors, so would prefur to try something new with my hobby. I have attended a couple of DSP courses. Unfortunately they are very good at giving a good theoretical overview, and not much else.

I am looking for a DSP which has a good set of development tools, which is reasonably inexpensive and which will provide a good platform to start out on. There are a number of products avaliable, basically Id like to find the one that does for DSP's what Microchip and ATMEL have done for microprocessors, if such a device exists at all.

Any suggestions, comments or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Stuart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.