TDA1543 NOS DAC help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !
I have a question about TDA1543 dac. I have build similar dac as on the attached schematic. When tweeking the dac I've removed the caps on power pins of CS8412 and TDA1543 chip (marked with red arrows) and found, that the sound is more clear and I can hear more details. Is there someone else with TDA1543 dac who has removed those caps and found similar results?
I would appreciate opinion from all of you.

Attachments

• nonoz2-dac.JPG
    nonoz2-dac.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 225
Hi, I don't know about the caps on the CS8412 (I was using a PCM2706) but the cap on the tda1543 I am familiar with. I tried various values here and found a 100nf to be just fine. As I understand it, it's purpose it to reduce ripple on the supply, providing a clean source for the DAC. I'm guessing it's value and effectiveness will depend on the PSU you are using for the DAC supply so you may find different results (my supply was an LM317 running at about 8v). I'd keep tweaking it!

Cheers, Josh

Hi josha !
Thanks for your reply. I have 1000uF cap after the bridge (made of MUR860) then two 5V regulators for CS8412 and LM317 (5.4V) for TDA1543. After the regulators I have no caps. In theory those caps on CS8412 and TDA1543 power pins are there to filter the power supply. When I removed the caps I just listened to the music and I liked the sound. I just had to ask if someone else had the same experience. Apparently I am the only one on this forum who tried this.
Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.