One chip Analogue to SPDIF?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there.

I ran a search for SDPIF in this forum and found nothing about this in the first 8 pages of results.

I wish to use a digital replacement for a small signal (<1Vpp) analogue audio that will travel 5m in an electrically noisy environment.

I will be taking the pre amp signals from a vehicle Headunit and converting them to digital, then back to analogue after the 5m run.

I am seeking a one-chip ADC with SPDIF output. I will pinch 5V/3V supplies from the radio as nessesary. On board references and regulators, along with decent package legs would be a big bonus.

I'm going to have to wiremod this IC into the radio, so this is why I seek a 1 chip solution with the minimum of external components.

I may also need a line driver, thoughts?

I tried Maxim and TI and Asahi Kesai but they mostly output I2C, or bury the SPDIF in the Datasheet like an unwanted stepchild.

The analogue is single ended 4 channels, so I may need a pair of devices.
24bit/96Hz would be a plus, <100dB SNR also
I have the schematic of the radio
I need to be aware of routing SPDIF and digital signal magnitudes for EMC in the radio

Thanks for any assistance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.