Help for my Ah Tjoeb and VAM 1201

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hoping someone can help the village DIY idiot. I have (had) an Ah Tjoeb 4000 with a VAM 1201 transport. I bought a VAM 1202 to replace it with after it started having problems reading (the VAM 1202 is suppposedly the proper replacement for the out-of-production 1201). It now slides in and out and reads and tracks...but doesn't play! I thought I saw something on a forum here concerning this issue...that there is something that has to be done to the 1202 when using as a replacement for the 1201, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Does anyone have any ideas? The lights are on...but nobody's home! Thanks in advance for any help.

You could do something else, in case you cannot fix it: just buy an used Marantz CD4000 or Philips CD713/23. They have the same transport. I've got one via Ebay Germany for 20 bucks, and it worked for years without complaints.
Just take care that it is not used too much.

cheers,

Juergen

AHH CD Player

I realize am answering an old thread but for anyone having similar problems you can reach out to Upscale Audio. They do get refurbished transports from the manufacturer. I recently had to replace mine as it did all the things people are having issues with. It didn't close all the way, occasionally it skipped, it stopped reading CDs, it failed to spin the CD once the draw was shut. It was a simple installation and my Ahh is working better than ever. It was not as inexpensive as some of the offers on ebay but the replacement has been working wonderfully for just about a year.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.