Analog to Digital?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sure, no problem. You can use something like CS5394 or 5396 plus an SPDIF transmitter like the CS8403/8404 or 8427. All you need is a lowpass analog filter and a couple opamps to provide the balanced signal on the input to the A/D. This should be a pretty straightforward project... Have a look at the datasheets on Cirrus' website - they provide most of the info you'll need to build the circuit, but of course I don't know how much you already know, so feel free to reply with questions!

No , my Sony ep 90 preamplifier doesn't have analog inputs.
Right now I 'm using another amplifier with analog inputs but I want to get rid of this as soon as possible (at least till the time that I 'm going to build the ADC ).
Thank all of you for your replies , I'm going to ask you a lot more as soon as I start to do the project.
Have you ever see, somewhere in the internet, a project like this posted?

Ioannis

Like hifiZen said, all the info you really need is on Crystal's website. The CDB5535 is a complete system on a demo board which could easily be adapted to use with your project, especially since you may not need peak level detection, etc. (BTW, you can probably get this kind of info much more easily (and cheaply) with a microcontroller, rather than the PLD which their design uses).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.