ariston maxim cdp- anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi to all,
i recently bought a faulty ariston maxim cdp off ebay, which i managed to repair (dry joints on reg board)
i have to say that i don't know much about it,i i know its not much of a looker, just barely functional and i know that it was made by the original ariston acoustics of scotland which is now long gone.

i have to say that i was pleasantly suprised, it sounds rather good ;)

when i bought it the seller said that it had been previously modified by chris bryant from orelle, i dont have any proof that this is the case ,but upon opening the lid its clear that someone has gone to great lengths to 'improve' the sound.

it has a silver power cable, stuffed with vishay's and apprently fancy opamps, its also had its digital out removed? and the disc tray and surrounding area has been painted in a matt green paint, i think to reduce laser scatter?

its philips based, with a standard philips main board and transformer, and i also think it has a philips display as it has FTS, but the display board is custom. it gets interesting- it has (i think) CDM 4/12 and TDA1541A S1, custom regulator board and separate custom audio board with separate torroid power trafo.

it came with its original box but no remote or manual, i would be grateful if anyone would be able to share some info on this cdp

regards
jimmy

Attachments

• d1ca_1_sbl.jpg
    d1ca_1_sbl.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 83
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.