src2496 new and old

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I searched through the old threads, but hopefully someone has dissected enough of these to have some thoughts on it.

Are there any significant differences between Ultramatch pro src2496 made in 2004 vs newer 2007/2008 units? (Any noteworthy upgrades or downgrades in any of the internal components)

They retail so much cheaper now, than they did when they built them in 2004, wondered if costs were cut with the build.

Thx

I guess nothing much has changed...

If, right now, you buy a computer from 1994, it wil also be much cheaper than in 1994 ;) The SRC uses an outdated and buggy ASRC, that is probably cheap to buy in large quantities.

And keep in mind that it is still a Behringer ;) That doesn't mean it can't sound good. There are a few topics about tweaking it. Good fun!

Thanks for the reply.

The computer analogy makes sense, but when I looked inside a new one, the circuit board is practically empty by comparison.
Did they move the akm chips, etc to the underside of it? (In the 2004 unit, there was an akm4393vf and akm ak5393vs for example)

It's definitely a much cleaner looking interior..no webs of stray glue, or bent caps, so they seem to have improved in that area at least.

Do you recall anyone ever tweaking the AD side? I didn't notice any real focus on that in the older topics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.