where to purchase Behringer DCX2496?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see alot of people recommending the behringer dcx2496. I was wondering where is the best place to order it from, meaning the best deal. I'm in the US. Thanks.

tim

p.s. I searched, but the last similar post is almost a year old, and you know how things change....

timsch75 said:
I've seen it claimed that they can be had for $325 to the door, but I've not seen that price yet.

And you're not likely to.

I was an early user of the DCX2496 - I paid $325.00 US including freight to my door - that is not a "claim", that is a fact. Perhaps they were at that price because it was a new item and there was likely less demand for them at that point in time.

Prices for European goods fluctuate in the US dependent on the US Dollar/Euro relationship. In addition, over a considerable period of time, prices in general fluctuate according to demand.

For the benefit of others who might have questions about the price and other considerations of the DCX2496 I will include excerpts of my earlier e-mail to you that was in response to your e-mail asking where I purchased mine

"The place I purchased mine doesn't show up on a Google search.

It had Zoom in the domain name and was in Fla. I paid $325 including
freight.

That was probably close to a year and a half ago.

With the dollar/Euro rate being considerably different now, I doubt that one can be found for that today"

I have since sold the Behringer.As another comment I will note that in this forum Planet 10 posted comments questioning the ethics of Behringers business model.

In addition, from various posts in various forums it appears that the Behringer warranty is useless to users in the US.

I personally would not recommend the Behringer to a user in the US at this point in time due to the above issues, _unless_ they were buying one with the specific purpose of doing major modding (which would void the warranty anyhow) or they were to acquire one used or otherwise at a substantial discount and are aware of the warranty and ethics issues.

Currently, for US users at the price points that I have seen recently - I would recommend they instead for a DBX Driverack PA which is a very similar price, has a users forum, does not have a reputation for warranty issues.

Regards

Ken L

Ken,
thanks for the reply. I never received the email, which is why I posted here. I'll definitely consider the warranty issue. I've read posts where people return bad units and had no problems, but I suppose that has alot to do with the seller as well. I'll look into their business reputation as well. I avoid Walmart, Nike, etc. like the plague and will try to be consistent.

timsch75 said:
Ken,
thanks for the reply. I never received the email, which is why I posted here.
You're welcome, sorry it didn't get through, mail servers burp all the time. _grin_

However, this thread worked out nicely to prompt me to start a new thread on digital crossovers - I realized there was some info I had been meaning to post on digital crossovers and had not gotten around to _grin_

You probably want to check it out - I just posted it a few minutes ago, the header is

digital crossovers -some info - long

timsch75 said:
I'll definitely consider the warranty issue. I've read posts where people return bad units and had no problems, but I suppose that has alot to do with the seller as well.

Yes, I was not clear. I should have worded that to mean that a purchaser is totally dependent on the seller, and should have indicated that as near as I can tell there is no _manufacturer_ support in the US.

Thanks for helping me clear that up. In the interest of clarity let me also be clear that I am not recommending that anyone avoid the Behringer. It was and remains an excellent value. Since I had posted so glowingly in the past, I thought it appropriate to mention the negatives that I had found - which really are quite small overall, but people need to be aware of them.

Or maybe I had too much coffee this morning _big grin_

In fact, I can immediately think of several users with the DCX2496 that have very critical ears and like their units, John Sheerin and sfdoddsy immediately come to mind. In Steve Doddsy's case he sold some higher priced and better thought of units, pocketed the change and is using DCX2496's and is pleased with the units.

I know that both of these guys have listened to a _lot_ of stuff and that counts for a lot in my book.

Regards

Ken L

Just to expand on Ken's quality comments, I would say you MUST use the DCX (or any other digital crossover) correctly for it to sound decent (correct levels, etc.). On my recommendation, a friend with much better ears and a much better system than mine started using a DCX. He thought he could hear a slight bit of what he called 'digital grain', but he said that mostly went away when he started using a power filter with the DCX. However, he said the improvements from using the DCX far out weigh any negatives.

new info on behringer DCX2496 pricing

I thought I would post this although I haven't taken time to compare and hunt current pricing on DCX 2496

Nemo is the moderator of the TACT users group on Yahoo. He is the individual that originally told me of the DCX2496 and suggested that I try it.

He has negotiated a forum price for members of the TACT yahoo forum and has started a Behringer Yahoo users forum. The price for a DCX2496 is $350 plus actual shipping, which initally appears to represent some savings.

reference the following links:

You will probably have to join the groups to access the links

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TacTAudioUsersGroup/message/17421

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TacTAudioUsersGroup/message/17396

What follows is edited from an e-mail announcement from Nemo to members of the TACT group.

To be eligible you have to join one of the yahoo groups Nemo moderates.

Regards

Ken L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.