What DAC?

AD844 might have been okay for older 16-bit dac chips with high output impedance. Which opamp to use, if any, can depend a lot on choice of dac chip. For modern ESS chips and AKM's now EOL AK4499, the opamp of choice has OPA1612 or OPA1611. IME for IV use it can help some to bypass them with linear types of caps, even if that means adding a small damping resistor in series.

Did you try it or heard it stacked using the o/p from the input buffer stage, pin 6 IIRC, as the thread is about?
As I said I haven't tried them yet but from the thread everyone who has implemented them in this particular unusual topology has reported positive results.
Be interested in personal poor experiences with the stacked use.
I've built an LDR pre-amp based on Georgehifi design and implementation by Rudi_ratios and I'm really really pleased with it.

Last edited:
Ok
Mine has ad811s as iv and op627s as buffers.
I was going to try stacked ad844 as described by GeorgeHiFi and ordered some from another member but lost them somewhere in a house move�� and got busy with car projects but still seems worth trying unless someone has better alternatives.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
There are more modern and better oaps than the one you talk about. If you really have readed George thread from A to Z, many more modern oap are talked about like the opa 861 for instance.

Read the Miro1360 AD1862 thread to knoxw more about more modern oaps.

627 is expensive and there is better know. idem for the 811 ! They are almost what was done 20 years ago and there was a lot of ink on the forums in the meantime.

AD8620, op828, opa1656, op861, op 1602, opa1612, op1646, non exhaustive but a good beginning. :)