Cheap DSP needed Compare??

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Just finishing the set-up [ YES Again} of the new H/T amplifier and as it's a cheap unit is doesn't have inbuilt DSP bass management.

On a very tight budget as usual so I'm looking at some options at the cheap end on the market.
One option is the Dayton Audio LF-DSP[ $150-] but on Gumtree I just found a used Behringer UltraCurve Pro DSP 8024 selling cheap at $130- which is the same cost almost as the Dayton unit

Dayton Audio DSP-LF Low Frequency DSP Controller
Just wondering if I should take punt on the S/H unit and its probably steep learning curve or go with the dayton unit??
Comments welcome as well as advice

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Mini DSP would be the way to go if I wasn't chasing something cheaper as a short term measure.
I only need a single stereo channel for LFE.
Reason being that the old amps died but the drivers are good so converted to passive, hence no onboard signal processing to get them flat to 30Hz

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
There is somebody on Gumtree Australia selling a used Behringer UltraCurve Pro 8024.
He wants $130- plus postage so $155-all up.
It's a bit overkill when all I want is bass management but will it do what I want and is that a reasonable price S/H?
EDIT

I can't find the users manual at Behringer so if anybody has a link to a copy that would be appreciated also any hints or quick start guides etc.

Last edited: