USB - I2S interface for output and input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I want to build my own USB soundcard for Windows 10 with at least 384kHz/32 bit DAC, like PCM5102 or similar, and for at least 192kHz/24 bit ADC.

Now I have XMOS interface, which only supports output. I like XMOS, it sounds good, it has no noise, it works well with Windows 10, which I am using. But the problem is, that it has no input.

I have module with WM8782 ADC, which is 192kHz/24 bit ADC with I2S output. I don't know how to connect it to my computer. I was searching, I found interface CM6631, but I didn't found any module, which has wired input interface. Only output one. I also found that some guys overclocked it's output to 384kHz/32 bit, but I didn't found any modules or projects, that uses input and output interface. Do you know any? How can I use CM6631 as input?

Second chip I found is CM6635, which supports I2S input and output at 768kHz/32 bit, but I didn't found any datasheet or projects with it. Do you have any informations about this chip?

Thanks.

I would recommend the MCHStreamer over the DIYINHK. Bth are xmos based, but the minidsp offering is from a well used manufacturer that finds its place in numbers of OEM products. the same cannot be said for the DIYINHK offering. neither are top shelf designs, but the minidsp stuff (particularly their more recent products) is far more competent IMO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.