tda1305 / micromega st3 noob question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hi all,

got micromega st3 salvaged by previous user - it had overheated trafos on DAC board with fried 1305 dac chips and output op-amps. Got dac chips replaced with 5$/pc from aliexpress, restored all op-amps, power etc. Got nice sound, clean output.

BUT - there's a strange option of double speed play - dunno why it is in CD player, but still. Once pushing x2 button, it plays on double speed just fine, but linear output distorted with pops and clicks and loud noisy sounds like... heavily scratched vinyl. Well, at normal speed it plays just fine, but on x2 - pops and clicks, however the original sound is also there.

Is it possible that I got counterfeit 1305 which are re-labelled something pin compatible but without x2? or something wrong with opamps?

no pops and clicks with spdif output to external dac on any speed.

it was DSMB flag for 1305. The wire connection from servo board to the dac board was floating, so it do not get enough low or high. Done.
Interesting, that the consequences was only to observe at double speed.
BTW - to avoid getting fakes, I prefer follow method, if I need older DAC-IC's like PCM56, TDA1541, TDA1547, TDA1305 etc for replacement:
1) go to
CD-Player-DAC-Transport List
2) find out cheap cd player model with wanted DAC IC, e. g. TDA1305 by entering the type in the appropriate field and then activating the botton "Filter".
3) then buy a suitable model in used condition.
This has the advantage that I can find out clearly by exchanging the DAC-IC, whether it is defective resp. faulty or not. A second benefit is, that I am sure that I have no fake resp. counterfeit.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.