LTP2884 USB Isolator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does it makes sense to use this when using a dac with usb?

Better and more or less the standard type of solution for digital audio, just use a good USB board with built in galvanic isolation such as: I2SoverUSB - I2S over USB Audio ...the isolated USB board does require a clean, low noise dedicated 5v power supply to power the clean side of the isolators. Best to use an R-core transformer for that supply. A good power supply module for that could be one of the single 5v variants of: New LT3042 Ultra Low Noise Linear Regulator Power Supply for Amanero XMOS DAC G1 012|Replacement Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

All of the contemporary USB audio interfaces are signed as high spead. (Amanero and others similar, xmos etc...). Simply this does not work.
I tried and ADuM4160 and also does NOT work with contemporary interfaces. Workin ghodd with mouse, USB stick etc etc. Does not see USB audio device at all...
To be more clear it does not have any issue with chosen sampling frequency or else connected with audio. Interface with these full-speed isolators are not present in the system at all.
LPT2884 and ADuM4160 usb isolation for full speed only, could work MAYBE with with some TI PCM2706 PCM2707. I did not tried
I had very god results with Sillana ISO IC that is only ic that worked and with good impact on sound. But unfortunatly this IC is out of the production...
cheers

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.