Behringer DCX users DO THIS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just thought I would mention the auto delay setup thing on here- I know i have seen some people wondering why use a digital XO over an analog one- One of the biggist advantages is that you can use the delays to time allign all your drivers-

There is a menu under the setup button (second page) that will do this automatically for you! You just connect a measurement mic (like the absurdly cheap behringer ecm8000) to the C input and run the little test procedure- It will spit out a few little noise bursts and there you go- Then you can re-synchronize and save the preset-

I found the difference to be night and day- A huge improvement over the non-alligned setup- and now my system requires far less EQing then it did before.

I don't know of a way to measure this manually but if anyone here does please let me know- I would like to see how good it is and if it is allgining the average phase or just the nearest at the XO freq- Anyway I would at least suggest that anyone with the DCX should try this-

Ryan

Although I've never done any real A-B testing, I agree
with you that it made a big difference in the sound.
I can't see ever going back...

Be careful with the time alignment test tones. I don't
believe they follow the frequency limitations set in the
crossover. I was pushing some fairly ugly noise through
my ribbons before I realized what was happening!

Good thing they (new ribbons) are cheap!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.