USB/I2S Asynchronous - Cypress PSoC 5LP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did anyone succeed in creating a asynchronous USB/I2S device based on cypress PSoC? (5LP)

Basic requirements:
- audio 1.0, native drivers
- stereo output, 24b/16b
- various frequencies up to 96kHz
- asynchronous USB, I2S
- I2S with external clock
- implemented DMA

Examples from cypress are not very helpful in this.

The closest solution provided by MinatsuT:
GitHub - MinatsuT/USB_Audio_PSoC5LP_I2S: CY8CKIT-059(PSoC5LP) USB Audio with Internal DAC and I2S Dual Out
- it is only 16b (and bck is only 32fs)
- I2S does not have an external clock

Sorry, I did not use CY8C5888($10) yet but could I ask you why do you like the idea to use so expensive MCU for so low I2S performance? As I remember Microchip has some MCU about $1 able to work with 24/96, that's the cheapest solution I think(Cyrus SOUNDKEY use it to sell for 100 pounds). CM108b $1.5 probably 24/96 too. CM6642 WM8804 = $3 24/192 with very low jitter. CM6631A $5.5 32/384. XMOS XU208 $8 23/384 + native DSD. So, where is the market place for the CY8C5888($10) with 24/96?

Thank you for your suggestion.
I have a bad experience with the Microchip MCU, never again.
C-Media products are nice.

Do you know, how to safely reconfigure the I2S output (64b word) in XMOS for the right justified 20b PCM data? Where the left channel would be delayed by 13bits, the right by 32bits and than feeded to the dacs together in one latch? I know how to do it in the PSoC.
I never tried XMOS, but I am going to try it.

In the past I checked the XMOS code and documentation about USB Audio and I will say, that it is the best-documented audio code/documentation ever, with a lot of functional examples (at least they can be compiled as they are). Almost every part of code is described what it does, and the code looks very professional.

I never tried XMOS too ;) However, XMOS behave like all of big and responsible vendors do(Ti, AD, ST or Onsemi) and provides all app-info for everyone who asked. I don't know what kind of disease corrupts tiny companies as cmedia, saviaudio, ess and similar to, which hide their, to be honest, trivial products under NDA and virtually has no support at all. Just this morning, when I tried to get for you more info regarding CM108b I wasn't able to find anything about bit resolution and max Fs during 10 minutes of search and finally I gave it up. So, for DIY I think it is a good idea to go with XMOS and pay 2x times more than pay less and do reverse-engineering. BTW, I know an example when such a tiny company(Monolithic Power) did hide their products tens years, and today understood that's wrong way and starts aggressively advertise itself everywhere including youtube ))

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.