Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Any product exists capable of capturing NON_AUDIO spdif streams?
Any product exists capable of capturing NON_AUDIO spdif streams?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th April 2019, 07:51 PM   #11
coolfdu1 is offline coolfdu1
diyAudio Member

Phiree U2S

Software: Reaper + BeSplit
Old 20th April 2019, 06:00 PM   #12
pinum is offline pinum
diyAudio Member

I was able to use this Cmedia CM6206 based USB device to capture SPDIF streams. I cannot guarantee that the NON_AUDIO flag was actually set, but I assume it was (source was a Realtek motherboard with Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive output). The drivers are a bit fiddly (I was able to record out of the box with Win10 but wasn't able to get it working with macOS).
Old 21st April 2019, 01:12 PM   #13
pinum is offline pinum
diyAudio Member

Just to clarify, because it doesn't looks like I can edit my post and I was a bit vague: I used that device to capture DTS bitstreams which, after some processing to remove the IEC 61937 wrapper and zero padding, I was able to play back in a media player. So it can definitely handle bit-perfect Dolby/DTS capture.

Any product exists capable of capturing NON_AUDIO spdif streams?Hide this!Advertise here!