Digital crossover thoughts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a DACMagic Plus connected to my mac and my Modulus-86 build. I am very, very happy with it. With one exception: I'm running Baby Advents and while I'm thrilled with them overall, I feel that the bass response is lacking.

There are lots of crossover plans available, but these all add distortion to the signal reaching the amp.

What I'd like is a DACMagic Plus that digitally handles the crossover before converting it to analog, with two sets of XLR outputs: one for my main speakers, another set for my sub (I am now researching sub builds - would also love any recommendation). I'd build a separate Modulus-686 for the sub's amp, btw.

Does any know if something like what I described exists? Wouldn't it make more sense to do the crossover on the digital side where there is no added distortion and nearly infinite adjustability?

I've attached a picture of my listening room, fwiw. My amp is the silver box in the center.

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    988 KB · Views: 129
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.