PS Audio DL Three DAC (Threshold Era); no left channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

Threshold support recommended this forum to me regarding help with troubleshooting an older PS Audio DL Three Digital Processor.

I picked it up from a friend to mess around with, planning to use a USB to S/PDIF converter for computer audio to a headphone amp. It's in great shape, and worked before it shipped. No obvious damage, but I'm not able to get any audio out of the left channel.

I've tested it in various systems, with different cables, sources, etc. I've verified that each component other than the DAC is functional, so I'm pretty sure I have it narrowed down to something in the unit.

I've gone over it with a magnifying glass and flashlight looking for cold solder joints, or something broken loose, but nothing's jumping out at me.

I'm wondering whether one of the board components may have suffered static damage.

Here are a few photos...

Any ideas of how I might begin to go about checking this out?

Attachments

• ps audio digital link iii_front-crp_1200.jpg
    ps audio digital link iii_front-crp_1200.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 46
  • ps audio digital link iii_rear-crp_1200.jpg
    ps audio digital link iii_rear-crp_1200.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 45
  • ps audio digital link iii.jpg
    ps audio digital link iii.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 50
  • ps audio digital link iii_left output section_600.jpg
    ps audio digital link iii_left output section_600.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 54
  • ps audio digital link iii specs.png
    ps audio digital link iii specs.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 53
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.