Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

DAC TDA1541a noise problem
DAC TDA1541a noise problem
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th February 2017, 11:30 PM   #1
bstojkovic is offline bstojkovic  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Default DAC TDA1541a noise problem

Can anyone give me advice how to solve the the buzz on TDA1541A DAC (by analog metric)?
Old 10th February 2017, 08:19 PM   #2
danico is offline danico  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Check the soldering all around the dac chip. Especially 7-13 and 18-24 pins with caps on them. Or the PSU would be the best first quess......

Good luck
Old 10th February 2017, 09:36 PM   #3
bstojkovic is offline bstojkovic  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much for your response. I have carefully check all connections and they are fine. BTW I have put 0.22uF for decoupling, but it is not something that should caused noise buzz problem, I also tried with original 0.1uF decoupling, but the same. I suspect that it could be problem with ground loop. When you look at the schematic, there is resitor 2.2k (it should be 2.2R) and 0.22uF mkp for the connection between digital and analog ground. I tried both 2.2k and 2.2R. but without success. I have a little lower noise buzz when I put two schottky diodes in opposite direction, but it did not solve the issue permanently.
Tried nos and os as well.
TCXO clock is Vanguard 0.1ppm
SPDIF receiver is cs8414
Also, I have to point out that almost all components genuine ordered from mouser like Nichicon KG series.

DAC TDA1541a noise problemHide this!Advertise here!