Upgrading USB to I2S card with Singxer C-1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

lwr

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The Singxer F-1 is a fairly widely known and highly regarded USB Digital Interface Board with the XMOS XU208 chip and it comes with a SPDIF output by RCA jack already mounted on the board and ready to go right out of the box. It was originally only available as a bare board, but a Singxer sourced clamshell case has since become available separately for it, and the F-1 is also now available available already installed in the case.

The sound quality of the F-1, in comparison to the older XMOS chip based designs, is a more immediate and clearly defined sense of the individuality and acoustical space around each instrument and voice in the recording, as well as a much tighter and seemingly deeper bass response.

The Singxer C-1 is a USB Digital Interface Board with the XMOS XU208 chip is essentially a Singxer F-1 design that is intended for hardwired connection directly to an I2S port. It is available from kitsunehifi.com fitted with either Femto AS318B Accusilicon clocks at $124.99, or with NDK / Epson clocks at $112.99. The C-1 boards are in short supply as most of the Singxer production is going into trying to keep up with the demand for F-1 boards and SU-1 units. I have had disappointing experiences with the China sales sources for Singxer, but good experience with kitsunehifi.com. I believe that kitsunehifi is the only Singxer fully factory authorized distributor in the USA.

I have a Singxer C-1 that I want to install inside my Eastern Electric Tube DAC Supreme, replacing the stock (older XMOS chip based) USB digital interface board inside. Eastern Electric documentation of the stock card pinout configuration is not consistent with the Singxer C-1 pinout configuration, and I am concerned that there may be some errors in translation.

I would appreciate it if other DIYers would check my following table of possible pinout matches to see if I have them correct, and suggest corrections if needed.

EE DAC Board→ Singxer C1 Board

MUTE : → 4 - AUDIO_MUTE

GND : → 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 15 - UGND

X34 :→ 14 - FS0

DSD DSD out :→ 12 - DSD 64/128

X53 :→ 16 - FS1

X55 :→ 18 - FS2

GND :→ 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 15 - UGND

LRCK : → 9 - IIS LRCK

DATA :→ 5 - IIS DOUT

BCK : → 7 - IIS BCLK

MCLK :→ 11 - MCLK OUT2

SEL : → 13 - DSD ON

SPDIF : → 2 - SPDIF_TX

GND :→ 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 15 - UGND

MCLK1 :→ MCLK in

+5V :→ no connection ( 3.3V at pins 17 , 19)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.