ALL digital DSP (in & out)... What are the options?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the stm32f769 disco board, and it rocks. You might consider it... spdif in and out, with a touchscreen and sd card slot for storage. Total cost is 80 bucks from mouser.

I bobthedespot,

I'm currently exploring the possibilities offers by the stm32 MCUs (F4, F7), and consider using some associated Nucleo boards. I'm working at the moment with the Stm32F4 discovery

Have you developped some audio application on those processors? Would you share some of the code?

I try to achieve (full digital) Async USB=> DSP => SPDIF or I2S.

Best regards,

JMF

1,2) It is not about stereo image, but yes if there are different clocks my tweeter may be ahead or behind of mid-range due to ASRC. Probably not by a lot, but still can. Spending considerable amount of efforts to clock everything from one clock source (DAC) it sounds less then optimal solution.
3) If DAC itself is NOS than 192 is better. And also - why not? If my PC can do it without an effort, why should I us inferior solution that will cost me $1300 more?

If you use something like the MiniDSP MiniSHARC (yes, it is "only" 24/96), you clock the HF and LF channels out using the SHARC MCLK, so all of the channels are synchronous (the DACS are all driven by the same clock).

Put the SHARC on the input side of the SHARC, and use it to rate convert all of the various input formats to 24/96, and to elect from the different input sources.

The SHARC can handle additional channels, but for very additional channel, you will have fewer digital filter taps, and thus less resolution in the filters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.