Audio interface, Control interface, Codecs and MCUs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey
Alright so I am jumbled up on these system ships and their protocols for operation.

What exactly would be the parts, as in portions/blocks, required to build a digital audio speaker.

I selected an audio codec, TIs AIC3254, to enhance the speaker quality, viz-a-viz equalization and bass boost/LT.

After that I came to realize I also need an MCU to communicate with the codec.
Then I realized it should have I2S.
Then I realized somewhere in b/w it should also have I2C/SPI, if I use an external EEPROM, but still for some communication I2C/SPI should be there.

Then I thought, lots of stuff. Get a DSP chip. But that in itself is altogether more advanced.

So basically, what is it that I should be designing with?

My aim is to have a codec that can accept 3.5mm jack input and bluetooth input, do the ehnacement, and can output analog and then the amp can let me and my friends/customers party.

As an added bonus, they can also have USB audio for them. Otherwise, at bare minimum, USB is there but for other users only for some software upgrade and for me, let me allow it to program the enhancement, that is to create a functioning end product

So how is it that can be done. What components would let me do that.

Components I have found
Codec - AIC3254, Cirrus W8750
Serial EEPROM - Microchip
MCU - PIC32...F256H, PIC18...K50,
USB to I2S - Silcon Labs

And what config of MCU would be sufficient enough, its specs like memory, RAM, etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.