Behringer DCX2496 NEW MODEL, Any difference ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just noticed that on the OLDER model of "Behringer DCX2496", it is written in big letters the following:

"ULTRA-DRIVE PRO
Professional Loudspeaker Management System"

and on the NEWER version of "Behringer DCX2496", the writing is as follows:

"ULTRADRIVE PRO
Ultra High-Precision Digital 24bit/96khz Loudspeaker Management System"

Now besides these minor cosmetic differences, does Anyone know whether they have changed on the inside at all ???

Thank you !

There was two different versions of the earlier Behring src2496.
I had the later version with components on both sides of the pcb.
The early version had all the components on top.
The input transformers were different and some of the capacitors were different.
I modded mine as per lampizator site but for some reason mine stopped up scaling the signal with the mods so perhaps there was other differences or I mucked something up.

Does Anyone know if the Newer model of "Behringer DCX2496" , NOT LE, has exact same schematics inside ?

Here is the picture of the slightly older model "Behringer DCX2496" :
http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/behringer-ultra-drive-pro-dcx2496-547990.jpg

The NEWER ONE Says "Ultra-High Precision Digital 24-Bit/96 kHz Loudspeaker Management System",
instead of the "Professional Loudspeaker Management System"

Does anyone know how do both units looks inside ?

Exactly identical ?

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
and on the NEWER version of "Behringer DCX2496", the writing is as follows:

"ULTRADRIVE PRO
Ultra High-Precision Digital 24bit/96khz Loudspeaker Management System"

Now besides these minor cosmetic differences, does Anyone know whether they have changed on the inside at all ???

Thank you !

It isnt very, very new... I bought one a year ago and it says " Ultra High-Precision Digital ------ ".

I can open the cover and take a picture of the insides to compare with an/your older one ?? If that would help tell of any differences other than the name.

-RNM

My one says ultramatch pro SRC2496
On the SRC2496 chip it says v1.1 it uses AK4393vf dac chip.
The cirus logic chip is the CS8420 CSZ chip.
The Ultracurve uses the AK4396 dac chip which is a better chip but does not do the up sampling.
My one is mostly the same as the one on the lampizator site exept the parts are on both sides of the pcb.
The input transformers are grey TL.037 0220 on the lampizator dac mine are black J66-06024-02824 TL08-037 0747 type.
The capcitors next to the SRC2496 chip on my one is smaller but I had two capacitors instead of one.
I can't remember the size of all my old capacitors because I upgraded them all to Sony oscons as per lampizator site.

Yours is completely different to mine.
My one is the SRC2496 Ultramatch pro.
If you go onto the lampizator site click on (Shortcut to the best CD playback known to me at the moment.)
Scroll down the page and click on (Lampizator version of Ultracurve)
You can check if this it is the same as yours.
This is the older Ultracurve because it's from 2009.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.