Recapping the M2Tech Young dac..advice on caps please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Dipped my DIY toes into dac upgrades recently and have been extremely chuffed with the result. :)
More to come though and looking for some advice, thanks.

From advice and info on t'internet...Did two things:
In my Dac PSU, I swapped out the Teddy Pardo regulator board with a much lower impedance regulator board.
Nice improvement in dynamics and "life" to the sound.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

On the Dac itself, I swapped out the cheap Capxon decoupling cap near the power input with a Panasonic FM cap similar uf value but MUCH lower impedance and higher ripple current.
Nice improvement again. Cool.

Looking ahead though, I'd like to swap out the caps on the Dac board.
Been in touch with a guy over on 'Wigwam who did this a few years ago to the same dac and he says this did more than even going to a battery supply.
He has lost the info on what cap he put where unfortunately.
Not a problem though, I'll open up my dac and take note of the ratings of each cap myself.
He DID have an internal photo which is quite helpful. :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Looks like a mix of Sanyo OsCons and possibly Black Gates?
The OsCons I've read are good for audio and I've upgraded a few Beresfords with them, but the BGs are hard to come by.

Any suggestions as to alternative caps?
Just use OsCons of the same rating everywhere?
The guy who recapped hs dac had someone take a look at his dac and cherrypic what caps to change, so my intent is to use this photo as a guide.

I'm curious why he put BGs in certain places and not others, my knowledge of digital circuits is poor, I'm just aiming to replace like with like - but better!

Any suggestions/info very much appreciated.
thanks.
Gaz.

The conventional audiophile wisdom is, that OS-CONs are to be utilized as bypass (A.C. de-coupling) caps. on digital supplies and circuits - supposedly because of their low parasitic impedance at high frequencies. Blackgates are to be utilized to bypass analog audio circuits - supposedly due to their low distortion at audio frequencies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.