I2S standards from PS Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was also under the impression that the HDMI receiver chips were unobtainable for the regular DIYer as they are only sold to manufacturers.

HDMI receiver chips that you're thinking of maybe contain HDCP. There's also a royalty for using HDMI (according to wikipedia anyway). But the National LVDS chips give the same electrical characteristics.

So, again, what is this thread about?
Is it about making a balanced i2s transmitter/receiver or about making a HDMI to i2s converter?

The first one - its also an attempt to establish a convention for which wires use which pins on the connector. So then people's kit can in theory talk to one another. The interface is only HDMI in that it uses the same connectors and cable as HDMI and the same signal levels.

Does that help any?

Interesting. We have been doing nearly the same thing here - I²S via LVDS. But we went for a much cheaper wiring system - standard RJ45 and CAT6 cabling.

Hi Holger,
I do know whether the thread is alive but will be thankful if you share yur experience on that kind of connection. In my case I have an I2S via RJ45 inlet of my DAC and the question is how to send the I2S signal there ? My source is a media player with HDMI out /beside SPDIF/ but the Chinese wouldn't share the schematics of the player nor the processor /Realtek 1185DD/
Thanks,
Ignat

This is add on PCB card for OPPO 203/103(D) blu ray payer

PS audio digital audio DAC device etc can be recived I2S signal through the HDMI terminal .

With this, all digital audio signal with the purest state can be output to the outside of OPPO BD player.

Moreover, digital signals can be transmitted even when playing SACD or DSD files. (Can not be transmitted by a normal SPDIF format )

Currently, there are no standards for transmitting i2S signals, but many manufacturers follow the PSAudio standard. This specification uses the HDMI terminal physically (not the HDMI transmission standard).

99C5453A5AF117801EC6EC

9971363A5AF117811333FA

9958E04D5AF11B122C294C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.