Pulse transformers SPDIF/AES-EBU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sure, but some DACs sound better than others... here experiences are important for noobs like me to understand the phenomeans!

Truth is the light, for my audio listening I will follow you and 1)... for understand how bad devices could affect the sound I will try 2) for fun (of course: not to do better than 1) ).

Yes truth is light and unfortunatelly Audio is like a religion... you want to trust...it's reassuring. The scientific prove can be more borring than an epiphany... but I surmise it's more universal and efficient for good results with audio !

thanks DF96

It could be as you can believe without proof... For most people Audio is irrational and many men tell to you beautifull stories... you are unable to verify ! many men make money with that and always now !

Remenber, in the 80s' some newletters which were the Bible of the listeners told you than smd components were bad for audio because some irrational things... But not the earth is not flat... with all due of respect & IMHO... Anybody is free to believe in Wadia in America, Accuphase in Asia and think its better than the neigbhboors beleiving... the only common phenoeman is that it can give you pleasure but cost you a lot with a lake of freedom... sure the stories are not borring IMHO but not the truth ! In that sense I think its near religions in the way "oh yes my system is better than yours" .But always with due of respect, it is just my opinion, everybody is free to believe what he want. Here I like the fact we test and experiment.

Last edited:
All aspects of audio design is engineering, no magic involved. This especially applies to the digital part. Despite many pointers to the wealth of information out there regarding all aspects of signal integrity, we still get some way out cable designs and theory's on the relationship between the shape of the square wave and the resultant sound field...
Some light reading from the real experts in signal integrity etc.
home page
https://www.sigcon.com/
AES San Francisco 2010 Press Release: 129th AES Convention Presents Renowned Author Ralph Morrison
Home | beTheSignal

An relevant doc from TI with some examples of reflections and their causes.
http://www.ti.com/lit/an/scaa082/scaa082.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.